They say the route to a lover’s heart is through their stomach, and what better way is there to start your evening date than with a spoonful of mouthwatering goodness.
A sly seductive gaze over a few glasses of wine, little kisses over a bowl of mouth-watering noodles/pasta, a sweet dessert for the sweet-toothed to get you both in the mood for whatever crazy thing you have planned for the evening.
Surely that’s what you want your date to look like, but if you’re like most love birds, you probably have no idea which dish to prepare that’ll send your lover’s taste buds to the moon.
Don’t worry, here’s a short list (plus recipes) of some of the most romantic dishes to cook for your crush or lover on that romantic evening.
If you want something to make your crush or lover feel relaxed and comfortable in your home, then nothing will beat the creamy carbonara in giving off that sweet cozy vibe.
Here’s what you need:
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional), for garnish
- Flaky sea salt (optional), for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- As usual for all spaghetti, cook in a pot of boiling water, add enough salt, then drain the starch away. Try to reserve a cup of pasta water just in case you need to loosen your sauce later.
- Whisk the 3 large eggs and parmesan in a medium-sized bowl until they combine.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet/frying pan for roughly 8 mins until it’s cripy. Reserve the fat in the skillet and transfer the bacon slices to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In the same skillet, add your minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, then add your cooked spaghetti and toss/flip until is completely covers in the bacon fat you left in the skillet.
- Pour over the eggs and cheese mixture and stir together until its super creamy (make sure you don’t scramble the eggs). You can add a couple teaspoons of pasta water to loosen the sauce if you feel like.
- Season the cooked bacon with salt and pepper and stir generously.
- Add the final touch by drizzling with olive oil and garnish with flaky sea salt, parmesan and parsley.
Your meal is ready to be served.
The most common mistake people make when cooking pasta is that they don’t add enough seasoning to their pot of water at all.
If you plan on cooking a full pound of spaghetti, then it’s better you add a full tablespoon worth of seasoning if you really want it to taste Devine.
As for the starchy water I told you to reserve, you can add it to the eggs and Parmesan if the mixture doesn’t seem creamy enough.
Once you’ve cooked the bacon, keep all the fat in the pan and toss all your pasta into it. Make sure each piece of spaghetti is covered in it.
After you’ve tossed the pasta in the skillet of bacon fat, remove your skillet from the fire and stir in the egg and Parmesan mixture, make sure you put your back into that stir.
The eggs will naturally cook from all the residual heat form the skillet, bacon fat, and hot pasta. Don’t leave the pan on the stove (even with minimum heat) you risk scrambling the eggs, thus ruining the meal.
Faster Steak Frites:
Here’s another top secret dish that’ll make you and your lover feel like you’re eating from a 5 – star restaurant.
As long as you’re able to follow the instructions effectively, you’ll be able to imprison you and your lovers taste buds in the realm of gastric pleasure.
- 10 oz. frozen French fries
- 3/4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 top loin steaks, boneless, cut thin
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tsp. water
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Cook the frozen french fries as directed by the label.
- Heat the vegetable oil in medium heat on a relatively small frying pan (I recommend 10 inches). Cook for 2 – 3 minutes till its reached medium or required done-ness.
- Grab a bowl and combine mayonnaise, shallot, lemon juice, 1/3 teaspoon of pepper, fresh tarragon, and water lemon juice together to make a uniformed mix.
- You serve the fries with steak and mayonnaise, and garnish with chopped tarragon.
There isn’t a lot of extra information about this particular dish, but if you did everything right, you’ll be able to yield a total of 4 servings.
The Faster Steak Frites only takes 20 mins to prepare. So, you can get plenty of time to create the romantic atmosphere before your date arrives.
Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes:
Finally, we’ve got the Mediterranean baked sweet potatoes! This little bad boy is proof that you don’t need a chunk of meat to make a meal look and taste good.
The splendid combination of a few sweet potatoes and some extra vegetables and fruits will forever find a place in the tongue of your date.
- 4 medium (~1/3 lbs each) sweet potatoes*
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 tsp each cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt or lemon juice (optional)Q
- 1/4 cup hummus (or tahini)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1/2 lemon yields)
- 3/4 – 1.5 tsp dried dill (or sub 3-4 tsp fresh per 3/4-1.5 tsp dried)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (3cloves yield 1/2 Tbsp or 10 g)
- Water or unsweetened almond milk (to thin)
- Sea salt for taste
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (minced)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Chili garlic sauce
- Turn up your oven and line the insides with foil to create a large baking sheet.
- Scrub and thoroughly rinse the potatoes of any dirt, then cut them in equal halves from the top, not in between.
- Rinse the chickpeas and toss them into olive oil and spices then place them in a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Rub the entire sweet potatoes with olive oil and place it faces down on the same baking sheet made of foil (or a bigger baking sheet in case your potatoes are large).
- While your chicken Peas and potatoes are roasting in the oven, prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients into a bowl for mixing and whisking. Add some water to your almond milk if it’s too thick to pour in the bowl. Add some garlic, salt, lemon juice, and dill to give it a more powerful herbal flavor.
- Prepare the parsley-tomatoes toppings alongside the sauce by tossing tomato and parsley with lemon juice and leaving them alone to marinate.
- Go back to tour oven and check in the sweet potatoes, if they feel tender when you poke them with your fork and the chicken peas are golden brown, you can remove them from the oven because they’re now ready to serve.
- Serve by turning the cut part of potato up and smash down the insides a tiny little bit. Then top it with chickpeas, parsley tomato garnish, and sauce.
If you’re expecting more than one person, then you can adjust the number of potatoes to fit the number of people coming.
You need to slice the potatoes into quarters instead of halves, this will drastically reduce the to preparing the meal, it’s also looks more attractive that way too!
Finally, we’re done! Thanks to me you no longer have to worry about “the right meal” to cook for that special someone that’s coming over.
Feel free to try out any of them, I can assure you that it’ll leave a soft impression in the mind of the person you’re making them for.
Keeping fit your loved one is also important. Swimming can help your loved one keep fit & have an attractive figure. A waterproof smartwatch can be a wonderful gift for your partner.
Hope it helps. Thank you for reading.