Super Mario Brothers has been one of the most popular video games since it was introduced more than 30 years ago. Mario and his brother Luigi and all of their friends have been entertaining gamers for generations, and they continue to do so today. Nintendo continues to make updates to their games, systems and Super Mario Brothers, which means that this game – and its characters – likely won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
If you’re a gamer who has always loved playing Super Mario Brothers, or you’re just getting into the game, you know that there are a lot of characters to choose from in this game. While Mario and his brother Luigi are, without a doubt, two of the most popular characters in the game, there are plenty of other characters that are just as cool and fun to play with. Here’s a look at the Top Five most beloved characters in Super Mario Brothers (aside from Mario and Luigi.)
- The bright green, fun-loving dinosaur Yoshi is one of the most popular characters in the Super Mario Bros video game series. He is featured in almost all of the Mario games, including Yoshi’s Island and Mario Kart and he has been helping Mario and Luigi fight the bad guys for years.
- Yes, he’s the primary villain in Super Mario Bros, and that’s why people love him. There’s just something about a bad guy that people love to hate – or rather, love to love. Without Bowser, there really wouldn’t be any point to the Mario Bros games. Plus, he’s also featured as one of the main characters in Mario Kart; players can choose him to man their vehicles.
- Princess Peach. More formally known as Princess Toadstool, Princess Peach is the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. It’s her that Bowser tries to defeat and her that Mario and Luigi try to save. She’s been featured in every Mario Bros game that has ever been made.
- Toadstool is the main servant of Princess Peach. He helps Mario and Luigi find Princess Peach when she is kidnapped by Bowser, guiding them to her location. Without Toadstool, Mario and Luigi wouldn’t be able to find the princess and save her, which means that there really wouldn’t be any point to the game.
- This upside-down looking mushroom with feet and fangs is the bad guy equivalent of Toad. He is the foundation of all of the bad things that happen and all of the bad characters that are present in the game. He works alongside Bowser, bidding out his evil plans and making life difficult for Mario and Luigi. Basically, without Goomba, there wouldn’t be any real obstacles to overcome, and what would be the fun of playing the game if there weren’t any obstacles.
So, there you have it; the top 5 most important characters in Super Mario Brothers. Of course, this is subjective and there are plenty of other characters in the game, but in our opinion, these are the most important.